Gracee never has enough paper. I find remnants of stories and song lyrics all over my house. She loves pens and colored pencils and markers and notebooks. She likes to give me writing advice. She’s very creative. And, yes, I’m prejudiced. She’s my granddaughter!
We conducted this interview over a meal of Big Boy spaghetti. Thank you, Gracee, for taking the time to answer these questions.
Gracee in One Word
1. What is your favorite sport?
2. Strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries?
3. Who is your favorite author?
4. What is your favorite animal?
5. Flip-flops, slippers, tennies, or bare?
6. What is your favorite Dairy Queen treat?
7. What is your favorite subject in school (not gym)?
8. If you had to evacuate (leave) your house and had time to grab only one thing, what would it be?
Sister. (Note: Baby Lillee is now one week and two days old.)
9. What instrument would you like to play?
10. Would you rather read about animals or people?
Gracee in One Line
1. Do you prefer to write with pen, pencil, or computer?
2. What is your favorite kind of music?
3. What is your favorite book and why?
4. What rule does your mom think is most important?
5. What do you like to write about?
My family and where we go and what we do.
6. What are some of your nicknames and which do you like best?
7. What is the most important thing to remember when writing a story?
8. How did you learn to say onomatopoeia?
9. What do you like best about walking in the cemetery?
10. What is your favorite vacation?
11. What do you like best about your grandma?
Gracee on One Thing
What one thing would you like to say to your readers or future readers?
What one thing would you like to say to fellow writers or aspiring writers?
Thank you, for sharing with us today, Gracee. You are an inspiration. And I love you.
Read more about Gracee’s writing and tips:
Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King