Still Saturday: The Unfurling

A day filled with noise and voices can be a day of silence, if the noises become for us the echo of the presence of God, if the voices are, for us, messages and solicitations of God. When we speak of ourselves and are filled with ourselves, we leave silence behind. When we repeat the intimate words of God that he has left within us, our silence remains intact. ~Catherine de Hueck Doherty

May your heart unfurl in the echo and fragrance of His presence,

Welcome to Still Saturday where we pause after a busy week, move in quiet pilgrimage, maybe linger a while in some still place, and soak in the beauty of images and words. We’d love for you to join us. Get the details above, grab your favorite button, and link up below. We all like to hear if something especially speaks to your heart, but please don’t feel pressured to comment. Simply take some time to gaze long and drink deep.

Scripture Sunday: Sweet
Five Minute Friday: Sacred Sod

Comments

I watched this one bloom–but they are all popping now. The white ones anyway. The pink ones will follow. Love the fragrance!

Peonies are spectacular and this series of unfurling is wonderful, Sandy! I have three plants — a white, pink and deep rose — but ours aren’t anywhere near that stage yet… still small, tight buds. I love the quote. Wishing you the blessing of His silence and fragrance this weekend.

I’ll be back to link up in the morning.
    Carol J. Garvin recently posted..Rhododendrons are happening!

I said I had pink, but maybe they are really deep rose. Thise always open later. Praying the blessing of stillness and sweet fragrance right back to you.

Thanks, Jean. My white ones always come first. Then the pink. Thank you. Have a beautiful weekend with some silent pockets.

“A day filled with noise and voices can be a day of silence, if the noises become for us the echo of the presence of God, if the voices are, for us, messages and solicitations of God. ” Oh, my, yes. You gave words to a deep feeling. Think I’m going to follow. Thank you.

I’m so far behind in my reading, Laura. I need to get over to your place and learn more about your unfurling. Xoxo

I’m just so in awe of the love and beauty and serenity in these posts. They make my day, and I bask in them all week.

Just gorgeous, Sandy. Thank you. All you who grow peonies speak of their fragrance. Here in CA, we only buy peonies – and they have no fragrance. Someday, I’d like to see them growing and discover that scent for myself.
    diana recently posted..Quiet for the Weekend

I can’t imagine a peony without fragrance. If I understand correctly, the fragrance draws ants that assist in the blossom opening. But then Christmas trees don’t seem to have the scent they used to when I was a kid–even when we cut them ourselves.

What a beautiful thought, Michelle. As I said to Diana above, I understand it’s the ants that are needed to break into the bud to stimulate the unfurling. Maybe we need more ants in our lives. ;)

4. Heidi19 says

Great post Sandra! Absolutely inspiring group of photos, well shot and i love the quote. Thanks for sharing this with us and i’m looking forward to read more from you.

5. Born27 says

I love the quote Sandra and these are all great and beautiful photos. Thanks you so much for sharing this.