Still Saturday: For Want of Rest

Welcome to Still Saturday where we pause after a busy week, move in quiet pilgrimage, maybe linger a while in some still place, and soak in the beauty of images and words. We’d love for you to join us. Get the details above, grab your favorite button, and link up below. We all love to hear if something especially speaks to your heart, but please don’t feel pressured to comment. Simply take some time to gaze long and drink deep.

Rest.

Scripture Sunday: Stop!
In Every Muddy Moment

Comments

This morning during my prayer time, God said, “Be still and know that I am God” several times! Indeed when we rest in Him, He is able to feed us.
    patsy recently posted..PPF: Heaven

I need this reminder to sit even on days like this, spend a little time to sew my head back on.

Wow, how timely. Our pastor is doing a six week study sermon on Sabbath Rest. What it truly means to rest, how our amazing God mandated a day of rest, built us with the need and then provided the means – if only we choose to accept it. Beautifully written, Sandy, as always, and gorgeous photos.
    Cecilia Marie Pulliam recently posted..The Lottery Ticket

Lovely quote and message this week, one I need to hear. It was a very busy week for me, and I didn’t get a chance to visit everyone, but I so appreciated the encouragement and visits from new friends stopping by from this link. I’m hoping for a slower, still week!
    Gayle
    Gayle recently posted..Where the poppies bloom

4. Stephani says

I needed to hear that quote. I know I need rest. I had a few moments this morning while out taking pictures of butterflies among purple flowers. It took me away for awhile. I need more moments like that.
    Stephani recently posted..5.5.12 ~ Pair On a Pear

I just came from a night away in a hotel with my best friend for our birthdays. And I truly saw, for the first time, the intense value of rest. I love the poem and I am going to put this in my journal so I do not forget. This post is such a huge confirmation for me. I am so glad that I know you in this blogging world.

Ah, Jen. I’m so glad I know you, too. See above to know this is not a/my poem, but a quote from Wayne Muller.

Dear Sandra

I’m delighted to meet you and discover your blog! This is my first time linking up. I look forward to getting to know you and invite you to visit me at Create With Joy – would love for you to join us for Inspire Me Monday, Wordless Wednesday or Friendship Friday! :-)

Create With Joy