Still Saturday: Alone with the Alone

Silence is not simply the absence of noise or the shutdown of communication with the outside world, but rather a process of coming to stillness. Silent solitude forges true speech. I’m not speaking of physical isolation; solitude here means being alone with the Alone, experiencing the transcendent Other and growing in awareness of one’s identity as the beloved. It is impossible to know another person intimately without spending time together. Silence makes this solitude a reality. It has been said, “Silence is solitude practiced in action.” ~Brennan Manning in Abba’s Child

Welcome to Still Saturday where we pause after a busy week, move in quiet pilgrimage, maybe linger a while in some still place, and soak in the beauty of images and words. We’d love for you to join us. Get the details above, grab your favorite button, and link up below. We all love to hear if something especially speaks to your heart, but please don’t feel pressured to comment. Simply take some time to gaze long and drink deep.

Rest.

Scripture Sunday: Unending Love, Amazing Grace
In Which I Leave the Bedside

Comments

I am really loving Still Saturday Sandra! Today I went with my camera and captured a few photos and put together a simple, “still” post.
    Love your post on silence. I recently worshiped with a Quaker congregation and found their silent service healing and beautiful.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Gayle
    Gayle recently posted..Your Mother

Love that you are loving it. Your photos today were lovely–and made me think. I’d love to worship with Quakers sometime.

Love this quote by Manning, he is one of my favorites. I often need to read his words more than once to let them steep. And I am wondering if that is your grandaughter in the photo. Beautiful!
    I am finding myself memorized by stillness in the chaos of city life as I watch people here in England.
    Shelly Miller recently posted..The Color of Stillness

Yes, it’s Grace last summer in the upper peninsula.

Stillness in the chaos–isn’t that what we’re all seeking?

I’m hoping for some still time to go back and soak in your latest posts. xoxo

I’m late… not much of Saturday left here. But I wanted to say how much I appreciate these thoughts on silence, stillness and solitude. There is such refreshment in silence. It’s when we listen in silence that we are most apt to hear God’s whisper.

Blessings to you, Sandy. Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
    Carol J. Garvin recently posted..Weekend Reflection: Light and Shadows

Never too late for you, my friend. I’m glad you’re finding some nourishment. I’m so encouraged by all those who come by to link and share a piece of beauty.