Textures of Text: A Year of Poetry in a Wordle

T.S. Poetry Press extended an invitation to create a Wordle using “some kind of poetic grist” for a linkage and possible feature over at the Tweetspeak Poetry blog next week.

Wordle is a toy that generates a “word cloud” from input text. “The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.”

You can also play with the font and the color and the shape.

So today I’m texturizing my own text with a Wordle designed from all the poems I’ve written over the last year.

I think it’s pretty cool that the shape came out in the form of an eye and that see is one of the prominent words.

Especially since I call myself a deep see diver.

I like that it seems I’ve often repeated words like God and heart, but also I’m surprised that some other words stand out less.

And thanks to my Sissy for fixing it for non-techy me so I could post it here.

This might be a fun way to look at a portion of scripture when studying.

What do you think? Will you give it a try?

Hooked on Wordles,

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. ~Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)

Comments

This is a fun idea … I’m not sure what I would use for words though.

I like that yours says “see God love”.

You did it! I’ve been seeing these wordles around and for some reason it scares me. Maybe I should check the thing out. Aren’t we supposed to face our fears?

Hugs to you, my friend!
    laura recently posted..Anniversary

Oh, Laura. You must. It was so much fun! And so easy. Yours would be beautiful.

Hugging back.

I love that yours looks like an eye. I played around with verses from Revelation about the new heavens and new earth. I swear, the thumbnail version looks like a cross. It’s been fun looking at these. I’m a Wordle fan.
    Nancy recently posted..Playing With Words on the Internet

I see a cross when I turn it to the right. I love yours and can’t wait to try a poem from it!

4. Sandra says

My Wordle got featured! And it got its own poem:

Now find love
    gentle sweet,
    like blue expectations
    attached to grace.

Check out the others over at Tweetspeak Poetry–where now we’re challenged to find poems-in-waiting in each others’ Wordles.

This is going to be so much fun.

I posted my first Wordle in October 2009 using my reflections from a conference. Then I posted another one in 2010 on the occasion of my second blogging anniversary. They’re addicting! I love the poem created from yours. I’ll hop over to Tweetspeak now and have a peek at what’s happening there.
    Carol J. Garvin recently posted..Roaming Bookstores and Seashores