1. Weeds multiply. Fast.
2. A pruned plant is a healthy plant.
3. Overgrowth hides new fruit and drags it down.
4. It’s hard to support an overgrown plant without breaking it.
5. Mosquitoes thrive in overgrowth.
6. There’s a snake in my garden.
7. Don’t plant seeds called “flower mix.”
8. Only a handful of seeds may sprout from a bazillion sowed.
9. I’m not a very good seed person.
10. I do better with established plants.
11. It’s easier to pull a few weeds (even relaxing) than to wield a hoe.
12. You may need to uproot something good to make room for something better.
13. One needs to periodically step back and survey the whole scene.
14. Hard work yields great satisfaction.
15. Your weeding may disturb and confuse others.
Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King