It’s been brought to my attention (by me) that I am not using my time wisely.
In fact, I am even (gasp) wasting time.
Don’t even mention Bejeweled Blitz.
I need a plan. A system. A schedule.
I used to be a good multitasker, but now–not so much.
I’m not even a very good start-and stop kind of person. I mean, if I start writing in the morning, I don’t want to stop. I may not eat. I may not feed anybody else. I may not get dressed until 5 p.m. If at all. And if I start household chores first, well forget the writing.
Operation Declutter helped some–a lot–but I’m not there yet.
There’s no point in dividing tasks into writing and nonwriting, because as we all know, a writer is writing when not writing.
So I need a plan for:
- Blog writing.
- Blog reading.
- Blog commenting.
- WIP research.
- WIP writing.
- Article writing (for money.)
- Writing craft study.
- Book reading (nonfiction and fiction, contemporary and classic)
- Devotional and worship time.
- Inductive Bible study.
- Preparing lessons.
- Social networking.
- Household and yard chores (cleaning, laundry, cooking, groceries, weeding.)
- Financial planning/organization and bill paying
- Exercise and diet (other than rolling my chair from desk to bookcase and back while munching M&Ms.)
- Family fun time.
- Do-nothing dream time.
- Time to plan a plan.
That’s too much to devote a day to each. So I’ve got to break up my day and learn to breakaway.
That’s my mission–should I decide to accept it.
And I do.
Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King