1. I entered a new decade (the 60’s) and made news. Listed right under the obituaries!
2. I bought a harp, took lessons, and attended The Harp Gathering.
3. I didn’t break any bones.
4. I didn’t need any stitches.
5. I embarked on a major decluttering project.
6. I discovered I love Fontanini heirloom nativities and village sets. But I didn’t buy any.
7. I struggled to find my holy discontent.
8. I rediscovered the joy of writing.
9. I started this blog.
10. I became a Thomas Nelson book review blogger.
11. I made some great new writing friends.
12. I started a contemporary inspirational novel.
13. I began research for a historical novel and a Biblical historical novel.
14. I submitted an article for publication–at 10 p.m. on 12/31.
15. I reentered the world of Precept.
16. I led a coed evening Bible study group.
17. I started teaching a morning ladies Bible study.
18. I discovered I will be a grandma again in June (my single daughter’s second)–surprise!
19. I discovered I will be a great aunt again in June (my single god-daughter’s first)–double surprise!
20. I discovered I could make arrangements, pack, and be out the door and headed for Gaylord within 30 minutes–well, maybe 45.
21. I helped my son move into his first apartment, and 6 months later, his second.
22. I found I love to take pictures of God’s handiwork.
23. I didn’t get the flu.
24. I went to a Pistons game, a Lugnuts game, and a Tigers game. And Gracee’s first soccer game.
25. I was in a ballet recital.
26. I went from blonde to brunnette. Close to natural. I think.
27. I survived a summer without our pool and swam in Lake Michigan.
28. I failed Diet 101.
29. I became more aware of His Presence in the presence of problems.
30. And I didn’t charge any Christmas presents.
Otherwise a fairly quiet year. God is good! All the time.
“I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints.” Psalm 52:9
Copyright © 2010 by Sandra Heska King