Who Knew?

I joined Facebook four years ago.

I began to blog three years ago.

I linked up with The High Calling network two-and-a-half years ago.

And somewhere along the line came Twitter–now over 16,000 tweets. (Am I too noisy?)

Who knew anyone would actually read my words?

Who knew I’d Jesus-walk in cyberspace?

Who knew the sharing of links and spilling of lives would lead to the joining of hearts?

Who knew the forming of the Society of Sticky Sock Sisters?

Who knew real writers would become real friends?

Who knew a community would become family?

Who knew I’d find my way to a place in Texas I’d never heard of–that I’d discover its first director wrote one of the first faith books I ever read? (Maybe he mentioned the place, but I don’t remember.)

Full circle.

Who knew that words on a screen could lead to hugs on a neck?

God knew, of course.

For such a time as this.

That the world would shrink to the size of a keyboard.

To join His people from here, there, and everywhere.

I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. ~John 15:5 (MSG)

Joining the beautiful crowd over at Lisa Jo’s for five minutes of free writing on the word “join.”

Caution: This is a  no-edit zone.

Five Minute Friday

Linking also with Cheryl tomorrow for her True Vine Challenge.

Comments

Amazing to see how God knitted you into community. (And when I saw you were #139 @ Lisa-Jo’s the first thing I thought of was Psalm 139.) Reading your “About” page was delightful too!
    andrea recently posted..JOYn

It is this amazing joining of hearts. I’m so thankful for all of it Sandy – I am so thankful for you. I’ve kind of slipped out of the network and need to get refocused.
    Linda recently posted..Potential

Yes, Sandy, even though I’m not expanded nearly as you are, my whole life has changed. I have so many dear friends [we’ve not face-to-face met, yet, in many cases] and ones I respect for their skills, creativity, and Lord-loving hearts. And, I so want to meet you. [This side of heaven, if possible. ;-)]
    Joanne Norton recently posted..GROSS PYTHON

Oh my! I love so many lines of this.

Jesus-walk in cyber space- yes!
    Sharing of links, spilling of lives lead to joining of hearts-yes!
    Real writers become real friends-yes!

God knew — for such a time as this. I am overwhelmed, completely overwhelmed with gratitude for all of this — all of it.

Wow <3
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..JOIN {Five Minute Friday}

Oh gosh – my path is very much just like yours, in the blogging, facebook, internet world, and walking with Jesus through all of it! I often say “who knew?” in amazement at the great sovreignity of God! He KNEW. He always knows. I’m tickled to finally have found Christian blogs (like yours) who inspire me, and encourage me daily with God’s word. Sweet.

Who Knew…I like this about your post and it gives me hope because none of us know what’s round the corner what can come from blogging a connection made. I came by from 5 minute friday. Behind The Smile.

I started blogging one year ago this month, and it’s amazing what has transpired in this one year. God controls lives, and the forums in which people live.

Amanda at hillpen